
As you can see, I have completely rearranged my blog and cleaned it up a bit. Ain't it a beaut? haha. Today is Friday and I could not be happier. I get to sleep in tomorrow and do nothing all day. Tonight is the Art Show for NLHS. It will be in the library and myself and other band students will be playing solos for background music for it. It's at 7-8. So everyone should come and see some good art and hear some muy bueno music. Rookie training has gone quite well this week. The flute rookies take direction really well and don't talk a lot which is a REALLY good thing. Some of them are a bit uncoordinated in the feet but that's okay. They'll get the hang of it. My only problem with it so far is the attitudes. It's only the end of the first week of rookie training and already I'm annoyed with people beyond reasoning...but not the rookies-the returning people. I think that is mostly due to the fact that I spend SO much time around them due to band and the tiniest thing makes me want to go all ape woman on them. Some people really need someone to go ape woman on them though. On the plus side, I can NOT wait for the real season to start. I just want to have our show done and everything. It's going to be SO amazing. We have the BEST rookies possible and the BEST show possible...we just have to put that together to create an amazing show...which is what I KNOW will happen. I have a good feeling about this year's show. It's going to require a lot of acting and a new tone for the Band of Knights but hey, we can pull it off if every single person has the desire to win that nice shiny HUGE trophy and if they take it as seriously as possible. I already know of a few things that are going to feel so strange and awkward in the movements that we do but the visual to the audience and judges will be soooooooo cool. Alright, I think that it is all for now. I just figured that I'd wrap up the week with a blog. I haven't been blogging a lot lately and I'm trying to do more with it 'cause it's getting kinda boring up in here. =] Laters everyone!
Kaitlin <3
PS-This is a journal entry for creative writing.
PSS-the picture has nothing to do with the blog entry obviously but I just thought it would be cool for you to see the entire flute family. My flute is a concert C flute and I have a concert C piccolo. This is the ENTIRE flute family. There's alto flute, bass flute, contrabass flute, soprano flute, and others that I have no clue what the heck they are. So, enjoy. =]]]



No comments:
Post a Comment