Song Lyric(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

"Give me your hand / Your mother is drunk as all the firemen shake/ A photo from father’s arms / Cinder and smoke / You’ll ask me to pray for rain / With ash in your mouth / You’ll ask it to burn again" Cinder and Smoke by Iron & Wine

Song Reccomendation of the Whenever the Heck I Feel Like:

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri (on my playlist towards the very bottom)

Thought to Think About(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

It is my honest belief that everyone believes in something that they don't believe in.

Music:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 11, 2010

As one things falls apart, many others fall into place.

Well, I have been at school for just 3 short months now. I have had my series of ups and downs. I have had my stages of depression and my stages of euphoria, but I think I'm starting to find a little stability. For a while, all I did was feel lonely. Sometimes I suppose I still do, but I'm finding that I'm happy with how things are right now. I have an awesome boyfriend, Nathan, which by the way, we celebrated one year together October 2nd. I don't think I could be happier with anyone else than with him, and that's a good feeling to have. I still have my best friends, Caitlin and John. Although they are not here with me and feel like they are a million miles away at times, I know that I still have them and most likely always will, even if they have gone their separate ways from each other now. I have a couple of friends up here at App, and although they are not exactly "best friends", I find myself getting closer with them, now that I am just allowing that to be. Part of the problem has always been my lack of faith in people. I carried that with me up here and I'm just now learning that that is not the way to handle such a new environment.

Other than that series of up and downisms, I'm doing quite well. I'm settled into my dorm, learning how to deal with 2 roommates rather than just one, learning how to manage time with school work, discovering that I want to major in Molecular Biology, and other things. I'm settling in. I'm growing up, and it's a good feeling. I also find that exercising a little bit everyday helps keep my mood up as well, even if it's just a 20 minute run/power walk around the indoor track at the Recreation Center. I just started doing this yesterday and already, I feel as if my mood is lifting. I feel better about myself which, essentially, makes me feel better in general. I suggest that if you who are reading this feel down at times, do a bit of light exercise. It's not for everyone, but it could help. There's a whole science behind exercising and feeling good emotionally. I learned about it in both Psychology and Biology. I won't go into detail, but in short, it's something to do with the endorphins being released that create, in a sense, an overall good mood. Exercise also leads to a healthier body which can lead to a healthier perspective of yourself. Like I said, it doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but it seems to be working for me.

My classes aren't that hard. I started off this semester loving my World Religions class, but now, I only wish to stab it to death with  my fingernails, mostly because I am not fond of my professor. I wanted to major in Religious Studies when I got here, but I got turned off very quickly. I also tended to hate my Biology class, but really liked my professor in there. Now, I've finally decided to major in Molecular Biology. There's something very ironic about that whole situation, haha. However, it is a nice feeling to know (or at least have a pretty good idea of) what I am going to do with my life. I was considering going to Pharmacy School and then graduate school, but we'll see what happens.  Regardless, a major in Molecular Biology is much more promising than a major in Religious Studies, especially if you are not religious. ha

So, that's basically just an update of my life. I'm 99% sure that no one is really going to read this, but it is nice to just blog again after so many months of not, and before that, so many years of not. haha

So, college students that may  be reading this, I wish you all the best. :)


Kaitlin <3

No comments:

Jeff Dunham w/ Peanut in DC(there's like one bad word but it's not bad bad. It's PG)

Main Writing Focuses: