
Okay, the marching band show next year is going to be "Mother...Earth". I love the music but I'm not exactly feeling the tree-hugger thing. I mean, I think we need to do more to preserve the planet but I do NOT think we should make a marching band show out of it. It seems like we are conforming to what BOA(Bands of America) expect and love. That's just not North Lincoln to me. All of our shows so far have been something that very few (or none at all) schools have done. Knighs & Dragons, Max's Band Adventure, Color of Noise, Egypt, Aquatic Transitions, War & Peace...Mother Earth? It just doesn't fit and personally, I just don't like it. The music is VERY exciting though, while it is still demanding. I'm still going to do marching band and I'm going to be optimistic about it. I suppose I just have to see the show put together and finished before I can really decide. As it sounds right now, I don't like it, but that could change as the show gets put together.
Also, the band NEEDS colorguard members!! If any of you girls (or even guys are welcome too!) would like to give colorguard a try, please do! Most people who have tried it have loved it so just try it! Girls or guys are welcome! If you know of anyone that would be interested in doing colorguard even if any of you don't want to, please let me know and I can give them more information!
In other news, today I finally presented my research project! I've been working for theast 3 weeks on a research paper/presentation for English class. Today I finally presented it! It went okay but I left out a lot of details when I started to get nervous...Hopefully I'll get a good grade anyways!
So, I also have strep throat. I just got back from the doctor and VOILA! I don't feel icky except for slight discomfort of my throat. My throat DOES look horrendous though. It's all swollen on one side with these nasty white pus filled bumps. Mmm, doesn't that make you hungry for cake? I'm going to Chicago this Saturday (which I'm looking forward to!!!) and I'm hoping everything will be all hunky dory by then. I just can't forget to take my medicine with me...I should be fine though considering that I feel fine now. :) Well, that's basically it. Enjoy school tomorrow my lovelys. I won't be there. :P
Kaitlin <3
PS: Chapter 33 in Black Rose has been posted for you lovelys. :D



6 comments:
Strep throat? I'm sorry to hear that :(
Antibiotics knock that out pretty quick but get lots of rest so you're ready for the PAR-TAY in Chicago!!!!
haha. I've felt perfectly fine though. No fever. No aches(besides a headache). I'll be a-okay to par-tay.
I stayed in character, and did not read the entire post. So yeah.
I went to Delaware and ate clam soup.
that sucks, never been to Chicago or Delaware... lalala.
It sucks that I ate crab soup in Delaware?
Why? It was good soup.
haha. I'm not sure why, but that statement just made my day.
Post a Comment