Song Lyric(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

"Give me your hand / Your mother is drunk as all the firemen shake/ A photo from father’s arms / Cinder and smoke / You’ll ask me to pray for rain / With ash in your mouth / You’ll ask it to burn again" Cinder and Smoke by Iron & Wine

Song Reccomendation of the Whenever the Heck I Feel Like:

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri (on my playlist towards the very bottom)

Thought to Think About(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

It is my honest belief that everyone believes in something that they don't believe in.

Music:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 13, 2008

FINALLY!!!


After a brutal day out in the sun today for appx. 3.5 hours, the show(drill wise) IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!! Okay, so it wasn't THAT bad. It was breezy and not too humid. Even at one in the afternoon when we put it together for parents. So, there's really no purpose to this post except to announce that our show is finished. We still have some visuals to add but as far as placing drill goes, woot!!!! Oh yeah, I have a nice bruise on my hiney now from falling on a rock. Don't laugh at me please. I was marching backwards at about a 5 to 5(if you aren't a marching band nerd, this means very large steps) and I tripped on something(probably my own feet) and I fell on my booty on a rock. It hurt and I have a lovely bruise. I didn't get seriously injure. The only thing that got majorly hurt was my pride and it was kind of embarrassing because we were performing in front of 50+ people. Oh and I did pop my ankle but it only popped which felt funny but now it's fine. YAY.

Okay well, that's all for now. I've gotta go defend the band. I'm having a conversation with Josh C. about our band. He's saying we don't care and blahdy dah. I'm defending people even though I'm not sure I should. I guess I'll be a good future Mr. Underwood 'cause that's what he does when Charlie F.(staff) jumps down our throats.


Kaitlin<3

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bruised bum:)
I'm even more concerned about the "pop" in your ankle. Hope it wasn't something that will cause future problems (like not being able to perform in the tournament on the 4th)
I want to watch your band but I want YOU to be on the field too :)
Glad you didn't get hurt more than you did.
Fall on a rock? Where were you guys practicing, in the mountains?

beav said...

Our band field is mostly grass and dirt this year but last year it was dirt and rocks. It still has a lot of rocks and I guess I just got unlucky. And nah, my ankle is fine. It doesn't even hurt at all even though my bootie still smarts a little.

Rosebud said...

*is trying not to laugh* i'm sorry but that's kinda funny and you have to admit it! hahaha sorry! dont worry i trip on my own feet all the time, sounds... umm... fun?

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as chels. I was picturing you falling in my mind as I was reading your post. Well, your band is always trying something new and "cutting edge", except in this case the cutting edge made contact with your hind end. Ha!
I do feel bad that you were put in an embarrassing situation but it had to be a sight. And landing on a rock after falling backwards. Ouch! My rear end hurts just thinking about it. No more falls! You have to stay healthy so we can see you do your thing on the 4th.
(I'll be watching those band friends that I met too :)

beav said...

Oh lord, band people. RUN AWAY!!!!
Good luck trying to find me during the show. Everyone looks exactly the same. I guess if you have good eyesight you can spot my piccolo since it's so unique but other than that, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember, I was in a military show corp for 6 years. We competed at Notre Dame every summer and YESSSS!!!!, we were the World Champions for years. (of course they went down hill after your mom and I left-ha!)
All this bragging to say, we have "trained" eyes for spotting people on the field.
(and since I'm coming in a couple days before the tournament, I just...may...spy on you at practice to see where you are placed on the field at all the different parts of the show. heh, heh, heh.....)
I can also just look for the piccolo player who's marching funny because she has a sore hind end :)

Caldair said...

It's ironic, but I've been looking forward to blogging for so long, but now that it actually has happened, I realized that I don't really want to read about your lives-after all their boring...ah well...maybe we can random up the I-NET again...

Rosebud said...

really? well get a myspace! Jenny has one and that's how we talk or go get an MSN that's pretty fun! and my life isnt boring! its mostly depressing! oh well

Anonymous said...

Maybe you find this thread boring but our lives boring? Hardly.
We are all quite interesting and fun people, thank-you-very-much :)

Caldair said...

Compared to some, yes, but humans in general are an uninteresting race.

Rosebud said...

i had to click on Ronnie's name to see who was talking... and we're not uninteresting! i'm perfectly interesting! such as i cant walk a straight line to save my life, i'd probably go to jail cuz they'd think i was drunk! i think way to much and end up almost running into things and i'm not very good with people i dont know! so i'm not uninteresting.... wow that was long.... hiiiiiiiiiiii

beav said...

Well, hello there.

Jeff Dunham w/ Peanut in DC(there's like one bad word but it's not bad bad. It's PG)

Main Writing Focuses: