Song Lyric(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

"Give me your hand / Your mother is drunk as all the firemen shake/ A photo from father’s arms / Cinder and smoke / You’ll ask me to pray for rain / With ash in your mouth / You’ll ask it to burn again" Cinder and Smoke by Iron & Wine

Song Reccomendation of the Whenever the Heck I Feel Like:

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri (on my playlist towards the very bottom)

Thought to Think About(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

It is my honest belief that everyone believes in something that they don't believe in.

Music:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ouch...this hurts!


So about a week and a half ago, I decided that I'm going to try out for drum major this year(the highest office in the band...the one that conducts the band...yeah that thing). Caitlin taught me how to conduct two time signatures and I taught myself how to do two others. In front of her, I didn't do so well. At home, I'm not bad. And when I'm doing "not bad", my arms HURT!!!!! What's weirder is the fact that my right arm muscle is huge in comparison to my left arm muscle. I guess it's because I'm right dominate. It's just sorta funny looking when I flex 'cause one arm is like BAM and the other is like wimpy. :) Mostly I'm doing this because of my path to band directorness. Even if I don't make drum major, it'll be good to know how to conduct, even if it's no where near the same style. Since I'm starting now, I have almost 7 months to get my conducting try-out ready and so far, I don't think it's going to shabby. Granted, I'm not even close to it being great but it's pretty okay. I've been practicing my conducting by using some of my flute books that have recordings to them(that's about 7 out of the 30 that I own), so I pop in the CD, open up the music book, and conduct. So here I am, complaining about my unequal and throbbing arms. I guess I should start lifting light weights for my arms(that's what the drum majors do). Hey Mother, we got any 5lb weights laying around anywhere? :)


That's basically it. The soreness will go away in a couple days if I keep at this.

The picture isn't our band or anything. It's the drum major of the MN college band or something like that. It's just to show what the drum major is so it'll click and you guys will go...Oooh I get it. :P


Kaitlin <3

5 comments:

Rosebud said...

hmmm that....seems... kinda odd. or is it just me? Anyway drum majors really lift weights? wow, that's weird i never knew that. learn somethin new everyday

beav said...

haha. Yeah they lift weights because they have to flap their arms around for 10 minutes straight with tight precise movements...trust me, the weights come in handy.

Rosebud said...

i imgaine they would! geez i think my arms would be dead if i had to do that

beav said...

hahahahaha....the first time I conduct something for 10 min, my arms will probably spring out of the socket and run away.

Rosebud said...

now that would be weird yet awesome to see!

Jeff Dunham w/ Peanut in DC(there's like one bad word but it's not bad bad. It's PG)

Main Writing Focuses: