Song Lyric(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

"Give me your hand / Your mother is drunk as all the firemen shake/ A photo from father’s arms / Cinder and smoke / You’ll ask me to pray for rain / With ash in your mouth / You’ll ask it to burn again" Cinder and Smoke by Iron & Wine

Song Reccomendation of the Whenever the Heck I Feel Like:

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri (on my playlist towards the very bottom)

Thought to Think About(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

It is my honest belief that everyone believes in something that they don't believe in.

Music:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Chapter Three: Brighter

Elizabeth's mother came home about an hour later with a car full of groceries. Elizabeth helped with a blank expression across her face with her dad by her side.
"Well, I must say, the cashier was the rudest man on the planet! When I asked to use the sixteen coupons I had, he rolled his eyes at me! It's amazing..." Elizabeth didn't listen to anymore. Her movements were automatic as if she was a robot. She hoped her mother wouldn't notice but mothers always do.
"Elizabeth, is something wrong?" she asked pulling a strand of hair back into her ponytail.
Elizabeth looked over at her father and he just shrugged then left the room. "No, nothing is wrong." she answered. "Can I go upstairs, now?"
Her mother nodded and watched her daughter go up the steps. Elizabeth went into her room and sat down in her desk chair. She swiveled back and forth in it trying to clear her thoughts but the only thing she even began to do was clear her stomach.
She stood up and started to pace back and forth. There was only one person that she could talk to about all of this-the only person that would still listen to her no matter what she was or who she was. Her brother, Kyle. She knew he was busy in college and she hated to bother him but he was the only person that would listen without judging her. Sure, Elizabeth had other friends but they would probably be like Lydia.
The phone rang once and then twice and finally on the third ring, Kyle's voice answered.
"Hey, Kyle. It's Elizabeth." Elizabeth said quietly.
"Hi, is something wrong?" he asked confused as to why Elizabeth was calling.
"Sort of..." She twisted a strand of her bobbed hair around her pinkie finger trying to think of ways to tell him.
"What does 'sort of' mean?"
She glanced out the window then back at her desk which was cluttered as usual. "Remember Lydia?"
"The blond girl that was entirely too peppy for my taste?"
"That's the one."
"What about her?"
"She-um-died."
The other end was quiet for a moment before Kyle answered. "I'm sorry kiddo. What happened? Are you okay?"
"I'm okay. She was um-killed."
"Elizabeth, you didn't..."
"No, Kyle! I didn't kill her! It's a long story but just promise you are on my side, okay?"
"Of course. Why, though? Are you in trouble?"
"Possibly. I'm a suspect because Lydia and I were seen arguing today and yesterday because of...well someone let slip about my second degree murder arrest and Lydia found out and it just..."
"What all did you say to her?"
"Nothing to make people think I would kill her! For God's sake, all I was doing was try to make her understand! I tried to explain and everything but to bystanders it looked pretty heated."
It was quiet again as Kyle mulled over his thoughts. "So, you have to go in for questioning?"
"Yeah and Dad's worried. I know he is. He thinks no one is going to be in my favor considering my records. And then we were seen arguing and..."
"When was she found?"
"Around two thirty. But I was in class."
"There you go. They can't do anything unless they have solid evidence. You were in class. There is none that leads to you."
Elizabeth exhaled a breath she had been holding and actually smiled with relief. "You're right, Kyle. You're very right. Thank you."
"Anytime, kiddo. While we're talking, how is everything? I haven't checked in for a while I know but...are our parents okay?"
"Of course they are. Why do you ask?"
"Just asking."
"What about you? Is everything okay with you? How's school?"
Kyle laughed. "You're caught up in all your crap and you're asking ME if everything is okay. Well, yes, everything is going fine. School is fine. My grades are good. I haven't gotten caught up in the party scene like my roommate has."
"That's good."
"Yeah..well...I've got to go study. Say hi to Mom and Dad for me, won't ya?"
"I will. Thanks, Kyle."
"Anytime. Good luck with everything. I'm going to be in town soon so expect a call from me."
When they hung up, Elizabeth felt better about everything. Things were looking brighter than they had. At least she didn't have to worry about being arrested again. But the little voice in the back of her head knew it wasn't over.

6 comments:

NoCheezburgers said...

Ok, ready for the next chapter! That was good!

NoCheezburgers said...

Ok, I just have to comment on your vote thing in the area of rock. Normally I would vote for the classic rock, but actually I really really hate heavy metal & punk rock so I could not make myself check that box. I think they are entirely different types of music.

beav said...

They are but rock is a general categroy and FYI, you like some Alternative & Punk...what do you suggest we call Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Hinder, hmm?

Anonymous said...

Hey! We're talking about the story here..Something's building up with
the parents. I can feel it!

NoCheezburgers said...

OK, what IS Hinder (I only know that one song on your blog that I like). And I do like some of the songs on your Alt/punk CD's but not when they start screaming - really gets on my last nerve. Sorry, but I just don't count that as singing.

I like Hinder's scratchy voice.

beav said...

Idk what Hinder would be. It's classified under that general rock category though. I bet itunes would classify it as "Rock" and nothin' else.

Jeff Dunham w/ Peanut in DC(there's like one bad word but it's not bad bad. It's PG)

Main Writing Focuses: