
It was a cool evening and suddenly Bob's head detached from his neck. Fred looked down at him with a look of total distraught and gasped hysterically.
"Bob? BOB?!" Fred shouted trying to not die from total shock.
"I'm fine, man. What happened?" his head asked from the ground.
"Dude! Your head! It's not...it's like...detached!"
"Oh, really? Hm. That could create a slight problem seeing as I was planning on going to the movies with Joan tonight." Bob said in a flippant voice.
Fred began backing away slowly with fright-after all it wasn't everyday that someone's head just randomly falls off.
He took off running towards his house wanting to erase the insanity that had just happened to him with Bob shouting behind him, "Wait, dude! Can't you just attach my head again!" As Fred's body moved farther away, he could Bob still shouting, faintly now, "THAT'S NOT COOL!!"
Fred came into his house and into the kitchen where his sister was cooking dinner. "Hey Fuzzball. What's your deal?" she asked in the annoying tone that usually would have annoyed Fred.
"Bob just...he just..." He tried to find the right words so his sister wouldn't declare him critically insane and send him off to Loopy World.
She smirked. "Just what? Spontaneously combusted?" She laughed at her own joke.
Fred didn't even attempt to make her look like an idiot which made her stop laughing immediately. "Something like that." he responded.
His sister stared at him, blank faced and a little frightened. She had never seen her little brother look so shaken up.
"You didn't kill him, did you?" she asked with seriousness in her tone.
"No, Jess! I didn't kill him!"
"Then what happened?" she demanded.
"Bob's head fell off."
Jess' face went from fright to anger in a split second. Any other day Fred would have declared PMS but today, he wanted to duck because she was about to attack.
"You're not funny, Fred! You are so annoying and immature! Jokes like this are for Elementary school kids! Grow up, already! Jeez, it's no wonder you don't have a girlfriend!" she screamed and stormed out of the kitchen.
Well, Fred thought, it could be worse. She could have believed that I was serious and sent me off to Loony World.
He wasn't exactly sure what to do from there. Should he go back and try to super glue his friend's head back on or should he check himself into Loony World for believing someones head actually fell off?
Fred decided on choice three-to go back and see if he really was going completely crazy.
When he arrived back in the meadow where Bob and himself were hanging out, he saw Bob's body still standing there with his head next to it. Bob looked forlorn.
"Hey man...I...uh...got some glue." Fred said as he approached his friend.
"What good is a bottle of Elmer's glue going to do for me?"
"Well, I don't know, really. I don't know what else to do. I was going to try super glue but..."
"YOU IDIOT! JUST TAKE ME TO A SURGEON AND HAVE THEM FIX ME!" Bob exclaimed
Fred jumped, startled. "Okay, okay. I just thought it was worth a shot. No need to get all mean and rude."
"Sorry, dude. I'm sort of tense. I mean, my head DID fall off, you know."
"I know. I'm sorry. I'll be more sensitive next time."
"That's all I ask."
Fred nodded and examined the situation again. Did he really want to touch Bob's greasy head and lead his body to the doctor? He shuddered at the thought.
"What are you doing Fred? I want to get this situation fixed, you know. It'd be nice to have my head back where it should be. I can't see what you're doing."
"Um...I have to pee."
Fred took off and left Bob and his head and never came back.



3 comments:
THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ARE A COMIC GENIUS
OH MY! Poor Bob! I would hope that if my head fell off, you would at least get me to the doctor. Besides, my head isnt as greasy and disgusting as Bob's is.
that was really funny. I loved the stoy and dialouge.
Post a Comment