Song Lyric(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

"Give me your hand / Your mother is drunk as all the firemen shake/ A photo from father’s arms / Cinder and smoke / You’ll ask me to pray for rain / With ash in your mouth / You’ll ask it to burn again" Cinder and Smoke by Iron & Wine

Song Reccomendation of the Whenever the Heck I Feel Like:

"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri (on my playlist towards the very bottom)

Thought to Think About(of the whenever the heck I feel like):

It is my honest belief that everyone believes in something that they don't believe in.

Music:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Biggest Pet Peeve


If you want to know what my biggest pet peeve is, you're about to find out. It creeps and crawls and eats away at my insides.


So, high school is great. Variety of friends. Variety of styles. Variety of personalities. But there is on thing that I've noticed is that there is not a variety of music. Within the school in general, yes there is. But what I don't get is why a certain of music is directed towards one clique. For example, why do the goths have claim over metal? Why do the higher class people have to have claim over Rap and R&B? It defeats the purpose of music. If you take a look at my play list, it has a variety of different kinds of music. I will listen to pretty much anything. I can't pinpoint one genre and say it's my favorite. I can't pinpoint one artist and say they're my favorite. I just can't do it and I refuse to. And then there's a word that I cannot stand. And it's the word "poser". For those of you who went to high school forever ago and don't remember what a poser is, here's the definition: One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others. That is the biggest insult one can receive or at least, it would be for me. I've heard that word so much from people towards someone else because they say "oh well she dresses preppy and listens to metal. POSER!!!!" or "He dresses skater and likes rap. POSER!" What the heck is up with that? That is just wrong. I listen to everything and anything...as long as the song as meaning. There is one genre that does not float my boat and that's rap but I'm not going to completely rule it out because of the songs I've heard. Most rap songs I have heard, I don't like because it's just words on paper about drugs or sex. That isn't music. That's stupidity. But, there is Christian rap out there that I've listened to before and I like it. I like country. I like rock. I like everything. I don't like people telling me what I can and can't listen to because of the way I dress or who I hang out with. It's stupid. In general, I don't like people telling me what I can and can't listen to. You don't like it? That's okay. You are entitled to your opinion. Just because I like doesn't mean I'm asking you to listen to it or like it. It's time people started realizing that your taste in style, the people you hang out with, the clique you are in, the music you listen to...none of that makes you who you are.


I also don't understand something else. Cliques. It's the most ridiculous concept ever come up. Why are jocks more popular than bandies? It's SO stupid. Never mind. I'm not even going to start on that rant.


But I'm so tired of all of that. I wish people would just allow themselves to stand out and be different from the crowd. I'm not going to lie; sometimes I care a lot what people think of me at school and I try to be myself in its entirety. I'm trying to stop do that because it's stupid. If people are going to judge, it should be based on my personality...not my style or interests. The higher class snobs at my school need to wake and smell the coffee because all they do is make themselves look like jerky idiots by being the way they are. Are some of those girls who are thrown into that clique nice? Absolutely but I wish they would stop caring so much about what their friends think and realize that you can have more than one clique to hang out in. Shoot, just get rid of cliques. But I guess if that happened, we'd be in a perfect world huh? Cliques are life and it's not going to change anytime soon but I can hope and wish, can't I?


Well, I'm done ranting. Later everyone.


Oh one more thought. All of this goes along with racism too which is also stupid beyond reason. I hate it when people look at an African American and White couple and be all like HISS SPIT!!! That's stupid too. A lot of things are stupid.




Kaitlin <3

4 comments:

NoCheezburgers said...

Why do you think there is a "higher class people" than you? Perceptions girl, perceptions!

beav said...

I'm basing on what's at school. The "higher class" people are the idiots that live out here that want nothing to do with me because I love marching band. hmph.

rachel :) said...

lets throw them into that black whole...that way, if we're right, they just go away and dont come back...and if we're wrong, they..go away and dont come back.

i love you so much. youre right on the money as usual=]

Anonymous said...

OK, here's my almost 50 yrs of experience that I will share with you. The same types were there when I was in school and they continue in the workplace,...everywhere.
What I have found is that the more snobby, the more insecure they are. Don't worry about them or what they say about you. I know it will continue to bother you because people can be such jerks and you're only human but continue forward and enjoy being a strong person who knows who she is and the direction she is going. (and enjoy band and anything else you pursue in your high school years) If all else fails, tell anyone that gives you a hard time that you have a very feisty, Yankee aunt from Chicago that will come down there and set them straight....

Jeff Dunham w/ Peanut in DC(there's like one bad word but it's not bad bad. It's PG)

Main Writing Focuses: